Bamboo Flooring in Sydney is not a regular occurrence for flooring in most houses and apartments but it is slowing catching up and becoming one of the more contemporary flooring for recent times. Bamboo flooring provides a stunning finish and infuses a uniqueness and subtle elegance into the room it’s utilized in. Hence utility of Bamboo Flooring in Sydney is on the rise.
Bamboo makes a great choice for flooring due to its textural similarities with hardwood. And everybody knows how elegant and gorgeous does a hardwood flooring look? Plus Bamboo is an eco friendly material and definitely more sustainable than any wood or ceramic flooring.
Bamboo flooring is usually created by immersing individual strips of bamboo in an industrial binder. Once done, they are and then pressing everything together under high immense pressure is applied to them to make them cohesive and turn it into singular planks. These planks can be multi-purposeful and they can imbibe a plank taken out of an oak trunk in terms of strength.
Types of Bamboo Flooring
Bamboo flooring is available in two versions in the interior décor market. One is engineered bamboo and the second would be stranded bamboo. So which one is the better flooring suited for your needs and what is the difference between the two?
- Engineered Bamboo: – This type of bamboo flooring is not made up of cent percent pure bamboo. However the advantage of using this kind of flooring is that it is more durable and long lasting than flooring made of true bamboo. Another advantage is that surprisingly this version provides a high rate of moisture resistance than its pure bamboo counterpart. This quality prevents the flooring from getting damaged, moulding or crumbling even under extreme damp conditions and climatic changes.
- Stranded Bamboo: – This type of bamboo flooring is created with shredded bits of bamboo fibres, instead of its pulp or section. Care is taken to apply the right amount of pressure to the bamboo sheets to get the desired durable binding effect. This type of bamboo flooring has great lasting power and durability. The wood density factor is much higher in this version of bamboo flooring. However the disadvantage of using this kind of flooring is that it is a tedious task to install it correctly or have a perfect lay out.
Ways to Install a Bamboo Flooring
You can install bamboo flooring yourself, but bamboo flooring installation do require some skills especially with the corners or if you have stairs. Thus it is best to get Bamboo Flooring installed by skilled Installers.
Precautions before Buying Bamboo Flooring
Before you seal the deal on any bamboo flooring manufacturer in Sydney, ensure that the following points are covered:-
- Buy Bamboo Flooring from a reputed manufacturer and not from questionable sources.
- Double Check to ensure that the product is not treated with formaldehyde or any such carcinogenic chemicals that could cause damage to health and environment in the long run.
- Be sure that all the bamboo raw material used for the flooring is responsibly sourced.